32 Weeks: What's in store?Baby shower and more!



You all might ask yourself why I choose to write about my life. I'm not an author. I 'm not trying to write a book by any means. But writing is something  I have always loved. And it has always made me feel so much better to write out all my thoughts and feelings. Not only that, but it helps for people to understand what I'm going through when I have to call and cancel or moves  appointments. I feel it gives people a better  understanding. PLUS, if I can connect with or help another mama in a similar situation, my day is made.

So here we go: WEEK 32


It's been just over a week since Baby Girl gave us a scare when she showed signs of premature labor. Within that week, we ended up going for another visit at Labor and Delivery. I never wanted to be a one of those pregnant ladies who panicked at everything, or called the nurses hotline a million times. But the last couple weeks have made me feel like I've gone completely insane!
So yes, last week the doctor started me on a medication for my "pissed off uterus" . This was to stop the contractions, while I got two injections for baby girl. Theses injections are to help her lungs incase she does come early. After my second injection, (a day after the first) I just wasn't feeling myself. I was still having slight contractions, but nothing that was consistent.  But I noticed lack of movement from our baby, which wouldn't have me so concerened if it wasn't for the fact she literally is an earthquake inside of me. So when she wasn't being active, I worried. I thought once I got home from work, drank some juice and water, and laid down, she'd let me know she was awake. But she didn't. I soaked in the bath. Nothing. I laid on my side. Nothing. I started to cry. (Hormones). I texted my doctor wondering if maybe the steroid had slowed her down a bit. He said it wasn't common, and  to lay on my side and try to count 10 kicks in an hour. Lee was in the bathroom at this time so he had no idea how bad I was freaking out. But I started my kick counter, and I laid there patiently waiting to feel anything at all.. About 35 minutes had passed when Lee finally came  out, and I explained to him what I was doing. If I coulnd't get 10 kicksin, a trip to L&D was in our future. By 48 minutes into counting, I had reached 2 kicks. It was then we made the decision to just head over to our hospital, because no way were we going to reach 10 in 12 minutes. Our hospital is an hour away, and we both had to work the next morning, so I was feeling really guilty to drag lee out of the house when they were probably going to say things were fine anyway. But it was a little after 11 when we arrived. They took me upstairss and hooked me up to all the fancy machines, found her heartbeat and sat me there to monitor me. Things were looking great! They were in the middle of discharge papers when they started to pick up contractions on the monitor. And soon they were getting stronger, and closer together. So, we were stuck there for more monitoring. They came in and did a speculum test. Literally the worst thing ever. Wondering what it is? Its a metal clamp they stick up there so they can check the cervix without starting labor progress . It was painful, and uncomfortable. And now I wonder how I'm supposed to make it through childbirth?! Anyway, in this test, they're looking for an enzyme that will give a  hint if I would be delivering within a week or two time span. Luckily, this test came back negative. My contractions were slowed, and finally at 2:30am, we were discharged and on our way home. We got home at 4am, and Lee and I were both up at 6 for work. 
It was Friday. I didn't have to  work Saturday because of my baby shower. But I was so physically and mentally drained. This was 2 weeks in a row we made a visit to L&D. And it's sad that I'm starting to get comfortable and familiar  with the place before I'm there for delivery . I feel like I'm living out this pregnancy on my toes, and I have so much anxiety because I don't know what this little girl has in store for me!


Saturday came around, and I was still so exhausted. But I got up, and made some coffee. Looked out my window, and BOOM. White ,fluffy shit every where. We had just been hit with a snow storm."Oh lovely"  I thought to myself. I had previously made an appointment to get my makeup done in a surrounding town about 30 minutes away.( I'm totally capable of doing my own face, however, I'm pregnant, feel ugly, and look like a whale. I'll pamper myself if I please!) So I did my hair, and left an hour and a half early for my appointment. The roads  were shit. People drive like shit. It was a fantastic start to the morning. However, I arrived to my destination in one piece. Sat my happy ass in my friend Jayme's chair, and she made me pretty! I arrived home, picked out a pretty dress (I had ordered like 4 because thats what girls do) and left for my shower! It was beautiful! I'll attach some pictures below.  Baby Strangfeld and I were spoiled with so much love.  We also revealed the name to all of our  friends and family; such a special moment! Lee met me at the shower location to load in his vehicle with what couldn't fit in mine. He was so excited to go through eveything when we got home. To watch him sit there and cut all the tags off the baby clothes, fold them and just smile. My heart melts so much . Ya'll find a husband like mine!
Hopefully in a post or two I can tell you about some of my favorite things received!









Tuesday we had a follow up with our doctor. We did our routine check up, received our hospital pre-registration and went over some basic information. By the end of our appointment , he wanted to check my cervix again. This time,  his first words were  "Wow, that baby is low". Her head is even further down than just a week prior. He checked my cervix too, and it was softer than last, but still closed, which was a good sign yet. He's confident we can make it to 34 weeks from here. However, we had to cancel our small trip to South Dakota for a baptism, because he just wasn't comfortable because things can change fast and 8 hours is just too far away. I was super bummed about our trip, but knew it made Lee feel so much better. So as of right now, I've cut back a few hours at work, and trying not to push myself. Every single day counts. If we can make it to 34 weeks, that's good. Everyday past that is amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will show you that surviving can be beautiful.

Meeting our Trisomy 18 baby: Part 2

"Not compatible with life"