Baby Mama/ Life update

Hey hey to all my followers! I actually didn't think that I'd be able to say that with this kind of blog! However,  since sharing I have had quite a few ladies reach out to me and it's seriously been heart warming ! I never thought just venting and talking about my feelings and experiences would lead to so many people confessing they feel the same! It's definitely nice to know you're not alone when you're just feeling like a crazy ball of emotions rolling down a hill and destroying everything in its path ! So to all those girls, thanks so much for reaching out to me 💕.

Since the last time I wrote, life has changed. And it's starting to change fast . I'm now 31 weeks.  And I find myself wondering where the time has gone. I know these next weeks will just fly by. After all, next week will be April and our little girl should be making her appearance sometime in May  (we hope.) We've started seeing the doc every 2 weeks instead of 4 and I've started seeing a chiropractor to help get my body ready!

Last week at 30 weeks and 3 days, I lost what I thought was my mucus plug. My doctor had assured me that mucus during pregnancy is like having a cold, even though you blow your nose, there will always be more . Gross, I know.  So I didn't panic and just let him know what was going on since it would be another week until I met with him. That night, I was up all night with a "stomach ache". Just this achy, cramping feeling that wouldn't leave. I literally got like an hour of sleep. When I told Lee what was wrong in the morning he replied "I don't know what to tell you, but I gotta go, love you ".  Yeah, I didn't know what to tell myself either . So I walked my butt to work, and pretended to act like I wanted to be there . I made it through one color before I decided iwas going to call Labor And Delivery at the hospital I'll be birthing at . After playing phone tag for awhile ,I made the decision to cancel my appointments, drive and hour just to get checked out. And that's what I did.  I told Lee not to take off because they were just going to check me and send me home and I'd  probably be home before he was . Of course, that ended up not being the case. They got me all checked in just to find I was having contractions within minutes of eachother . And I panicked.  I didn't know what this meant . Well I kind of did, I knew it meant that I had nothing for this baby and all the projects I wanted to get done at home weren't going to get done. I had no hospital bags packed , nothing . I knew I wasn't ready. At 30 weeks I wasn't ready for this baby to come out.

After a little monitoring , they checked my cervix by doing an ultrasound that they shoved up my lady parts  (really not as bad as it sounds). It was till tight and closed. Thank goodness, that means she wasn't trying tok hard to come out. So they gave me a shot to stop contractions and sent me home. Too be honest , as scary as the situation was, I was almost relieved to have contractions show up, because it meant I wasn't crazy !! So after a scare like that, I took it easy over the weekend.


I hit 31 weeks and we were able to see 3D/4D ultrasound of our little girl. She gave so many smiles. And it was mind blowing to see this little human with her who features! But this lovely human is still trying to make her way into this world. At my 31 week doctor appointment,  I was prescribed 2 rounds of steroids to help push her lungs along faster, and 3 weeks of medication to stop my contractions.  Our small goal is to make it to 34 weeks , after that anything is fair game and he won't stop labor . So at night, we pray a little harder in our house.
I don't know when our baby plans on making her grand entrance. But I do know I am terrified. I will 100% miss being pregnant . Right now, she's safe and secure inside of my growing belly. And although she's given me stretch marks, I know she's entirely safe and sound in her little home inside of me. Once she makes her entrance, all of our lives will forever change . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will show you that surviving can be beautiful.

"Not compatible with life"

Meeting our Trisomy 18 baby: Part 2